PLEASE READ THE GENERAL INFORMATION AND FAQ’S SECTIONS PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the firearm is to be used.
If you are a resident of the:
- City of Arroyo Grande
- City of Atascadero
- City of Grover Beach
- City of Morro Bay
- City of Paso Robles
- City of Pismo Beach
- City of San Luis Obispo
you will need to contact the law enforcement agency in the city you live in to apply for your Concealed Carry Weapon license per California Penal Code section 26155.
In California, the Sheriff and his staff are required to follow strict state and local guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Carry Weapon licenses. Due to the detailed nature involved with conducting these background checks, appointment times and processing times can take multiple weeks, For a NEW application, the applicant will be asked to schedule an interview appointment for a new Concealed Carry Weapon license.
If the applicant is RENEWING a Concealed Carry Weapon license in San Luis Obispo County, they may not apply until 90 days before the expiration date listed on their current Concealed Carry Weapon license.
- A New/Initial application costs a total of $201.00. At the time of submittal of the application, a credit card payment of $121.00 plus credit card fees will be required. The balance of $80.00 plus credit card fees is due once the Concealed Carry Weapon license has been approved.
- A Renewal application costs a total of $77.00. The full amount is required at the time of submittal of the application. NOTE: $20.00 of the total amount is a non-refundable application processing fee.
- A Modification to an existing CCW license costs $10.00 (non-refundable) and is due upon the submittal of the Modification application. Modifications are for adding a weapon (maximum of 2); or changing your name or address
- For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
- Appointments for Concealed Carry Weapon license interviews will only be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Click the appropriate button on the left of the screen to proceed with an application for a Concealed Carry Weapon license.
Please visit the below website for further information regarding a Concealed Carry Weapon License in San Luis Obispo County:
Gaining competency with firearms is like learning to drive a car or fly an airplane. You need expert instruction and practice. There is no shortcut. If you are not willing to invest the time and effort to become competent, then having a firearm and trying to use it can, in many instances, be more hazardous than any impending threat.
Please note that this website is optimized for Edge, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.